Salsa Verde Burgers
Wow, these Salsa Verde Burgers are OFF THE HOOK! If you need a new burger idea that everyone will love, look no further. These burgers are lean with a mean, green kick topped with pepper jack cheese, salsa verde and avocado – delish!
I shared this delicious homemade salsa verde recipe for Better Homes and Gardens on Delish Dish and decided to make these burgers using the salsa for dinner last night. You can also use store bought salsa verde, but trust me, nothing beats homemade!
I made the burgers with both lean beef burgers and chicken burgers since I had both on hand, and I loved them equally. My husband’s not eating carbs this week so he ate two beef burgers without the bun. Whether you make them with lean beef, turkey, chicken, buffalo, black bean patties, veggie burgers… modify them however you wish!
I calculated these with 93% lean beef patties, with the bun and without and with the bun and no cheese. Any other variations you’ll have to do on your own – enjoy!
Salsa Verde Burgers
- cooking spray
- pinch kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 93% lean beef patties, 4.75 oz each
- 1/2 cup salsa verde, homemade or store bought
- 4 slices Sargento reduced fat pepper jack cheese
- 4 100 calorie whole wheat potato buns
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage, ore lettuce
- 4 ounces sliced avocado, from 1 medium haas
- Heat a skillet or grill over high heat. When hot, spray with oil and add the patties.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook a few minutes on each side, to your desired liking.
- Add the cheese and cover; cook to melt, about 30 seconds.
- Place the cooked burgers on the buns and top each burger with 2 tablespoons salsa verde, red cabbage and avocado slices.
Gluten Free Salsa Verde Burger with No Bun
Servings: 4 • Size: 1 burger w/ cheese no bun • Points +: 8 • Smart Points: 7 pt
Calories: 308 • Fat: 17 g • Carb: 7 g • Fiber: 3 g • Protein: 35 g • Sugar: 2 g
Sodium: 320 mg • Cholest: 87 mg
Dairy Free Salsa Verde Burger With Bun, No Cheese
Servings: 4 • Size: 1 burger with bun, no cheese • Points +: 8 • Smart Points: 5 pt
Calories: 358 • Fat: 14 g • Carb: 24 g • Fiber: 8 g • Protein: 37 g • Sugar: 7 g
Sodium: 360 mg • Cholest: 77 mg