Make Perfectly Grilled Zucchini all summer long! Quick and easy, great as a side dish with anything you’re grilling.
Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables, I make it year round and have a ton of zucchini recipes. During the summer months, I love grilling zucchini as a side dish to serve with chicken, fish or meat. It’s fast, easy and delicious! A few zucchini dishes I also love all summer, Angel Hair Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes, Zucchini Feta Fritters and this Crustless Zucchini Pie.
This will also with with yellow squash if you prefer or do a mix of both. It’s an easy side dish that the whole family will love, and it’s dairy-free, low-carb, keto and Whole30 friendly. You can play around with the flavor profile with different oils, vinegars and spices.
Steps for success
- You want to slice your zucchini into uniform strips so they grill evenly. You can do this with a knife, but you have more control with a mandolin. This is the one I use, it’s best to get a cut resistant glove (affil link) so you don’t lose a finger.
- To make perfect zucchini on a grill, start by seasoning your zucchini with oil, vinegar, herbs and spices.
- Heat the grill and make sure the grates are clean and well oiled.
- Grill until tender and grill marks appear.
- If you don’t have a grill, a grill pan with ridges like this one is great.
Zucchini Seasoning Ingredients
- extra-virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar or balsamic
- dried herbs such as parsley and basil
- garlic powder, salt and pepper
More Zucchini Recipes
- Santa Fe Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Veggie Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini
- Turkey Stuffed Zucchini
- Colombian Zucchini Rellenos
Perfect Grilled Zucchini
- 2 medium zucchini, about 8 oz each, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill on medium-high. In a large bowl, toss zucchini with oil, red wine vinegar, parsley, basil, and garlic powder. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Once grill is hot, carefully use tongs to rub an oiled paper towel over grates to clean.
- Using tongs, place zucchini on grill. Cover and cook, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking on high, covered, 2 to 3 minutes more
- When zucchini is tender, remove from heat, taste for salt and adjust as needed and eat right away.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Photo Credit: Jess Larson