This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Turkey Stuffed Zucchini
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 2 halves
- 4 6 oz each medium zucchini
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 oz white wine
- 1.3 lb 20.8 oz ground turkey (99% fat free)
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and using a spoon or melon baller, scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4" thick.
- Arrange in a baking dish.
- Chop the scooped out flesh of the zucchini in small pieces.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter and add onion, shallot and garlic.
- Cook on a medium-low flame for about 2-3 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add chopped zucchini and season with a pinch of salt, cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until it reduces.
- Add ground turkey and season with salt and pepper, cooking until turkey is white, breaking up in smaller pieces.
- Add paprika, rosemary, garlic powder, marjoram and basil.
- Mix well and cook another minute.
- Place turkey meat in a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
- When cooled, add parmesan cheese and egg white, mix well.
- Using a spoon, fill hollowed zucchinis with stuffing, pressing firmly and top with bread crumbs.
- Place chicken broth in bottom of the baking dish and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 35 minutes.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 halves, Calories: 214.8 kcal, Carbohydrates: 11 g, Protein: 31.6 g, Fat: 4.6 g, Fiber: 2.9 g