This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Caramelized scallops combined with sweet citrus and peppery arugula in a garlic citrus vinaigrette, yum! This is my new favorite salad. Scallops are low in points and this salad is simple to make and elegant enough to impress guests. This is great quick lunch or can be served as a first course. You can easily double this recipe.
Pan Seared Scallops with Baby Greens and Citrus Mojo Vinaigrette
Yield: 2 servings
Serving Size: 1 /2 of recipe
- 1/2 lb 8 oz sea scallops
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 navel orange
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 tbsp red onion, chopped
- Citrus Mojo Vinaigrette: In a small bowl whisk olive oil, juice from half lemon, juice from 1/4 of the orange, crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Peel the remaining orange and chop into small chunks.
- Arrange mixed greens and arugula in the center of a plate or platter.
- Top with red onion.
- Wash scallops and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season with salt.
- Heat a medium size pan on a high flame.
- When pan is hot, melt butter and place scallops in the pan.
- Sear without touching them for a few minutes until the bottom forms a nice caramel colored crust.
- Turn over and cook about another minute while their centers are still slightly translucent (you can check this by viewing them from the side). Be careful not to overcook.
- Remove from the pan and arrange around the greens.
- Arrange oranges on the plate and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 /2 of recipe, Calories: 212 kcal, Carbohydrates: 8.5 g, Protein: 20.5 g, Fat: 9.5 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 42.5 mg, Sodium: 206.5 mg, Fiber: 1.5 g, Sugar: 4 g
19 comments on “Pan Seared Scallops with Baby Greens and Citrus Mojo Vinaigrette”
Light and delicious!
What a great combination of flavors and textures!
Couple of questions:
Med flame = what on electric stove
Sear without touching them for a few minutes until the bottom forms a nice caramel colored crust – what is “a few mins ” 2? 3?. The difference could be a “make or break” If I’m not supposed to touch – how do I know when there is a colored crust?
I’ve made this a few times already and it is so delicious!! The combination of the ingredients work perfect together. Definitely a keeper…
It was different and delicious. Definitely will make it again.
This recipe looks delicious but is it really 246.7 calories?????
No, just updated nutritional info. 🙂
I am 9 years late to the party but I made this last night and it was AWESOME. I used day boat scallops which I think is essential (also called dry scallops) and I added some chopped avocado to the salad and a teaspoon of champagne vinegar to the dressing. So delicious and filling and EASY. Perfect summer recipe!
Oh My! My boyfriend and I absolutely LOVED this recipe! What I loved most about it was that it was SIMPLE but, yet LIGHT and FILLING to top it all off. This is a make again. I did not know if, I would like the oranges with the salad but, it was such a wonderful taste together!
Yummmmmm!! I added craisins, walnuts, and grated Parmesan, and it was delicious!!
Parmesan just doesn’t go with this dish neither does craisins or walnuts. Why don’t people just follow the recipe and not try to improve it because most of the time they make it worse. These recipes are made by a knowledgeabe cook which you evidently are not!
I this for dinner tonight and it was amazing! Going to be a regular for me!
I made this tonight and it was delish!!!!
Gina, can you please update these with the points plus value? Thanks!
Oh. My. Gawd. Yum!
Made this as a side dish tonight with my chicken and baked potato. Couldn’t wait. I skipped the onion and only used mixed baby greens but it was delish! Hubby liked it too!
LOVE it! Great recipe Gina 🙂
Sounds fabulous!!!! Making my mouth water too.