Angel Hair Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes
Angel Hair Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes combines spiralized zucchini with pasta, a great way to lighten a pasta dish!
Angel hair pasta tossed with summer zucchini and tomatoes fresh from the garden. The perfect meatless meal you’ll be craving again and again. Serve this with plenty of Parmigiano Reggiano!
I love combining spiralized zucchini with pasta, it’s a great way to lighten a pasta dish, and you’re still getting real pasta which I often crave when I am eating zoodles alone.
This recipe is a dish I often whip up in the summer and it’s great because it takes less than 20 minutes to make. For those on gluten-free diets, use brown rice pasta instead. I love this simple weeknight meatless dish, if you wish to add protein, this would be great with shrimp or chicken!
Angel Hair with Zucchini and Tomatoes
- 2 7 oz zucchini, spiralized or julienne
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced (or 2 cups grape, halved)
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, wheat or gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or basil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large saute pan, heat pan on medium-high flame, add oil when pan is hot.
- Add garlic and shallots to the pan and saute about 1 minute, until soft.
- Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook about 1 1/2 minutes, add tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, parsley, chicken broth and adjust salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta when done reserving some of the water and and toss the pasta well with zucchini and tomatoes. Add pasta water if needed and serve with grated Parmesan (optional).
Photo Credit: Jess Larson