Made with just just 4 ingredients – bananas, oats, peanut butter and jelly, these PB & J Healthy Oatmeal Cookies are meant to eat warm right out of the oven for a fun spin on my 3-ingredient healthy cookie recipe.
I’m so addicted to making these cookies. Whenever my bananas are over-ripe, I whip up a batch which takes only minutes. These are best when the bananas are super ripe as their natural sweetness is what’s used to sweeten the cookies. Keep in mind they aren’t crisp like a dessert cookie. Instead these are moist and chewy and best eaten warm, right out of the oven. They are great as an afternoon snack or healthy enough to have for breakfast if you wish. You can easily make half the portion with just 1 banana if you want to make less.
I’ve made them with walnuts which tasted like banana bread, I’ve tried them with chocolate chips which so yummy! This time I decided to switch things up and see what happens if I add some chunky peanut butter to the batter and top them with reduced sugar jelly – yum!
PB & J Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup of uncooked quick oats*
- 2 tbsp chunk peanut butter, I like the texture
- 4 teaspoons reduced sugar jelly
- *Use gluten free oats such as Bob's Red Mill quick oats to make them gluten free.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray or use a Silpat.
- Combine the mashed bananas and peanut butter in a medium bowl.
- Add the oats and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place batter by tablespoons (little more than level) on the cookie sheet, making an indent with the back of the measuring spoon. Repeat until you have 16 cookies.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and top each with 1/4 teaspoon jelly.