Guilt-free crispy grilled “fries” made right outside on the grill!
When the weather gets hot in New York, I like to take the cooking outside. Grilling is usually my husband’s job, but lately I’ve been having fun exploring the many things you can make outside on the grill all on my own, it’s really not that hard!
Take these fries, who says you can’t make fries outside on the grill? They turn out crispy and delicious without deep frying or heating up the kitchen and you can even grill your turkey burgers along side them.
Yes, you can have your carbs, just have them in moderation. Serve them with some homemade ketchup and enjoy!!
PS- You can find the crinkle cutter on Amazon!
- 2 (13 oz total) medium russet potatoes, washed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (an indoor grill would work too).
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch thick slices. I used a fancy crinkle knife with ridges but straight cuts are fine.
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil. Add salt, and pepper to your taste.
- Reduce heat on the grill to medium and lay the potatoes slices straight onto the grill; close the lid.
- Cook until the potatoes are golden on one side, about 6 to 10 minutes, making sure they don’t burn and adjusting flame accordingly.
- Turn and cook until tender inside when pierced with a fork, but slightly crisp and golden brown on the outside.
- Remove from grill, and serve immediately.
Yield: 2 servings , Serving Size: 1 potato
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 6
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 172.4 calories
- Total Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 11.1mg
- Carbohydrates: 29.3g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Protein: 3.5g