Lemon-Parsley Foil Packet Potatoes can be grilled or baked in the oven! A delicious side dish, and the best part – easy cleanup!
Lemon-Parsley Potatoes in Foil
These baked or grilled potatoes foil packet potatoes are delicious, made with baby potatoes drizzled with olive oil and spices, finished with lemon zest and parsley. The perfect side dish for chicken, steaks, or anything you’re grilling! You can make just about anything in a foil packet! A few other foil pack meals I make, try these Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets, Meatloaf Foil Packets or Shrimp Scampi Foil Packets. And if you want to roast potatoes without foil, try these Roasted Baby Potatoes, the best!
My preferred foil for grilling is Reynolds Wrap Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil which is a heavier gauge foil than standard Reynolds Wrap, which is perfect since you don’t have to worry about breaking or tearing, even with heavier foods and it protects food over direct heat.
Lemon-Parsley Foil Packet Potatoes
What makes these potatoes so tasty is the lemon zest and parsley, so don’t skimp! If you’re using larger potatoes, just cut them into smaller pieces so they cook faster.
Reynolds Wrap is produced using food safety and quality standards, making the foil my go-to in the kitchen and on the grill. Heavy Duty Foil is also available in a wider 18-inch roll, great for larger foil packets to throw on the grill.
How To Make Potato Foil Packet
- Tear off an 18” sheet of foil.
- Center the food on the foil sheet.
- Bring up the long sides of the foil, so the ends meet over the food.
- Double fold the ends, leaving room for heat to circulate inside.
- Double fold the two short ends to seal the packet.
- Add the potatoes, oil and seasoning.
- Bake or grill as instructed.
Potato Foil Packets in Oven
Bake potatoes packets 400F 35 to 40 minutes, shaking the foil packet halfway.
Foil Packer Potatoes On Grill
Grill foil pouch potatoes covered on medium heat 30 minutes, shaking the foil packet every 10 minutes so they don’t burn.
Is It Better To Bake Potatoes In Foil?
If grilling, it’s easier to use foil packets which keep the steam in and also don’t let the potatoes fall through the grates.
Want to grill potatoes without foil? Try these easy grilled potatoes that come out crispy and delicious.
More Foil Packet Recipes
- Grilled Clams in Foil
- Shrimp Scampi Foil Packets
- Cajun Shrimp in Foil
- Easy Grilled Fish Foil Packets
- Sausage Butternut and Brussels in Foil
Lemon-Parsley Foil Packet Potatoes
- In a large bowl toss the potatoes with olive oil, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste, toss to evenly coat.
- Transfer to a large sheet, 18 x 18 inches of heavy duty foil on a flat surface.
- Place the ingredients in the center of the foil. Form a packet by bringing the short ends of the foil together and fold twice to seal leaving room for steam.
To Grill Potatoes in Foil:
- Grill, covered over medium heat 30 minutes, shaking the bag every 10 minutes so the bottom of the potatoes don’t burn. Open carefully and top with 1/8 teaspoon salt, lemon zest and parsley.
To Bake In the Oven
- Bake in a preheat 400F oven 35 to 40 minutes, shaking the halfway. Open carefully and top with 1/8 teaspoon salt, lemon zest and parsley.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Reynolds. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Skinnytaste possible. All thoughts are my own.