Shrimp Scampi Foil Packets are so fast and easy, perfect to make all summer long!
Shrimp Scampi Foil Packets
These grilled shrimp scampi foil packets are SO good, you’ll want to serve them with crisp bread to soak up all the delicious garlicky juices! When you want easy grilling, foil packet meals are perfect for weeknight dinners with easy clean-up!
My preferred foil for grilling is Reynolds Wrap Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil which is a heavier gauge foil than standard Reynolds Wrap, which is perfect since you don’t have to worry about breaking or tearing, even with heavier foods and it protects food over direct heat.
How To Make Foil Packets
- Tear off a 16” sheet of foil.
- Center the food on the foil sheet.
- Bring up the long sides of the foil, so the ends meet over the food.
- Double fold the ends, leaving room for heat to circulate inside.
- Double fold the two short ends to seal the packet.
- Grill covered directly on the flame according to directions.
- To bake in the oven, preheat oven to 425F and cook 10 to 12 minutes.
More Foil Packet Recipe Ideas
- Lobster tails with butter
- Grilled Clams
- Shrimp Boil
- Roasted Garlic
- Lemon-Herb Chicken
- Zucchini and Tomatoes
- Mexican Corn
More Foil Packet Recipes You Will Love:
- Cajun Shrimp in Foil
- Easy Grilled Fish Foil Packets
- Campfire Dinner Meatloaf Foil Packets
- Grilled Clams in Foil
- BBQ Chicken Foil Packets
Shrimp Scampi Foil Packets
- Reynolds Wrap Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil
- 4 garlic cloves, 2 grated, 2 thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 40 jumbo peeled and deveined shrimp, slightly over 1 pound
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 pinches red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- whole wheat crusty bread, optional for serving
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Whisk the grated garlic, salt, oil in a medium bowl. Add shrimp, toss to coat, and chill, uncovered, at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Make foil packets. Tear off 4 16” sheets of Reynolds Wrap Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil.
- Place 10 shrimp on the center of each foil sheet. Top each with remaining garlic slices, 1 tablespoon wine, lemon juice, pinch red pepper flakes and 1/2 tablespoon melted butter over each.
- Bring up the long sides of the foil, so the ends meet over the food. Double fold the ends, leaving room for heat to circulate inside. Double fold the two short ends to seal the packet
- Grill over high heat, 8 minutes. Use gloves or tongs to remove and carefully open. Top with chopped parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
- (To bake in the oven, preheat oven to 425F and cook about 10 minutes.)
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Reynolds. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Skinnytaste possible. All thoughts are my own.
100 comments on “Shrimp Scampi Foil Packets”
I would love to get the lemon-herb chicken foil packet recipe! Looking forward to trying all the others, too!
How did you prepare the zucchini, squash and orzo dish?
Another awesome easy recipe from ST! I used large shrimp & made it in the oven and it tasted better than a restaurant! Thanks Gina
This was amazing. The first time I made it, I did not marinate the shrimp. What a difference that made! Easy and delicious.
Easy, tasty and healthy! I love this recipe so much. I’ve made this as an appetizer at a BBQ (everyone loved getting their own little packet!) and I’ve had this as an entree with veggies or a salad. Having some nice crusty bread to soak up all that goodness is an absolute necessity! It’s so flavorful! Tonight I’m trying it with fish instead of shrimp. I’m certain it will be great! Thanks Gina! You are a magician with flavor and spices!
This was excellent! It took a lot of effort to peel and devain all of the shrimp but it was worth it for sure. While the recipe calls to bake the shrimp for 10 minutes mine needed 15.