This beautiful, Grilled Vegetables Platter with Yogurt Mint Sauce is so colorful and delicious. An easy summer side dish made with asparagus, zucchini, squash, red onion and bell peppers.
Grilled Vegetables with Yogurt Mint Sauce
I love this easy yogurt dipping sauce made with Greek yogurt, fresh mint, garlic and olive oil. Partnering with Stonyfield, my favorite organic yogurt brand to create this easy dip with their Stonyfield Plain 0% Fat Greek Yogurt but their Whole Milk Greek Plain would be great too. I have spearmint growing wild in my garden which gives this dip a sweet freshness I love, but honestly any fresh herb such as chives or parsley would also taste great.
Why Purchase Organic Dairy?
- It’s better for you. Because it comes from cows that are actively grazing on grass, as nature intended. Organically raised cows spend their days outside on pasture so the milk they produce is significantly higher in Omega-3 fatty acids and CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), heart-healthy fats that can help lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol. There’s also compelling evidence that many organic fruits and veggies are more nutritious, too.
- It’s better for our children’s health. Research has demonstrated that an organic diet can dramatically reduce pesticide levels in kids’ bodies.
- It’s good for the planet. One of the main goals of organic farming practices is to avoid soil contamination as well as rivers, drinking water, and air with toxic persistent chemicals.
- It’s also better for the farmer and their neighbors, as they aren’t exposed to potentially carcinogenic herbicides.
- It’s better for the bees.
You can make the yogurt dipping sauce a day ahead, it will last 3 to 4 days refrigerated.
Grilled Vegetable Variations
You can swap any of the vegetables out here and replace with eggplant, baby carrots, tomatoes, etc,
More Grilled Vegetable Recipes
- Grilled Veggie Towers with Mozzarella
- Honey Balsamic Grilled Chicken and Vegetables
- Grilled Vegetable and Shrimp Bowl
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts
Grilled Vegetable Platter with Yogurt Mint Sauce
- 1 cup 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint, divided
- 2 cloves minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 2 large red and orange color bell peppers, seeded and cut 1 inch pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 yellow squash, sliced diagonally 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large zucchini, sliced diagonally 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Zataar seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine yogurt with half of the mint, half of the garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Transfer to a small serving bowl. Swirl in 1 teaspoon olive oil on top and garnish with more mint.
- Heat the grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. When ready oil the grates.
- Toss the vegetables in a bowl with olive oil, lemon juice, remaining garlic, zaatar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to taste. Grill the vegetables turning occasionally, until lightly charred, about 6 to 10 minutes. Arrange on a platter with the mint yogurt sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mint.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Stonyfield. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Skinnytaste possible. All thoughts are my own. Photo credit: Jess Larson.