And nothing beats an easy summer dish made entirely on the grill so you don’t have to heat up your kitchen! More grilled chicken recipes I love are Zesty Lime Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa and Grilled Chicken Bruschetta.
Cooking vegetables on the grill is easy and the vegetables taste incredible when edges get all charred. The best way to do this is to purchase a grill pan (or two). You can also get a vegetable basket so the vegetables don’t fall through the grates. Then spritz the vegetables with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. They also sell disposable ones in the supermarket which also work fine.
For best results, get familiar with your grill. Some cook hotter in the back so keep that in mind when grilling and move things around accordingly.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Lettuce Slaw and Cotija Cheese
- Grilled Chicken Shawarma with Garlic Yogurt Sauce
- Houston’s Grilled Chicken Kale Salad with Peanut Vinaigrette
- Grilled Chicken with Black Bean Mango Salsa
- Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Yakitori
Honey Balsamic Grilled Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless thin sliced chicken cutlets
- 3 tbsp homemade pesto, or store bought
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- kosher salt
- 1 lb asparagus, 1 bunch, tough ends removed
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- olive oil cooking spray
- Marinate chicken with pesto, garlic, red pepper flakes, lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt at least 1 hour, or overnight for best results.
- Mix oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl.
- Heat a grill over medium-high, be sure grates are clean and well oiled to prevent sticking.
- Put veggies on 1 large grill tray or 2 smaller trays (or cook in batches), spray with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook, turning constantly until the edges are browned, about 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside on a dish.
- Cook the chicken about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until grill marks appear and the chicken is cooked though, transfer to a platter, too with the veggies and pour the balsamic dressing over everything.