Breakfast BLT made with center cut bacon, lettuce, tomato and egg on whole wheat bread.
Add a fried egg or hard boiled egg to a classic BLT sandwich and you have the perfect breakfast sandwich (or have it for lunch). If sandwiches are not your thing, you can browse through all my breakfast recipes here.
I love BLTs, they remind me of my mom’s luncheonette she owned when I was a teenager. Back then, I can’t tell you how many bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches I ate. But I never tried one with an egg, until I saw my friend John Ondo post one on his Facebook wall – mind blown!
If you like your egg runny, fry it up! If you like a firm yolk, cover the skillet and keep it on low until the yolk sets. Hard boiled eggs, sliced up think would also make a great alternative.
- Swap the bacon for turkey bacon
- Add slices of avocado to the sandwich
- Make it gluten-free with gluten-free bread
More Breakfast Sandwiches
- Bacon Egg and Avocado Breakfast Sandwich
- Egg Tomato and Scallion Sandwich
- Egg and Tomato Breakfast Melts
- Avocado Toast with Egg
- Breakfast Pizza
BLT Egg Sandwich
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, 5 to 6 minutes, turning halfway until crisp. When cooked, set aside on a paper towel and wipe some of the fat, leaving a little to cook the egg. Crack the egg, cover and cook until the yolk is set.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread. Assemble the sandwich by putting the mayo on the bottom, then the egg, then the lettuce, bacon and tomatoes. Cut in half and eat right away.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Photo credit: Jess of Plays Well with Butter