This easy, homemade breakfast pizza is made with bacon, eggs, tomatoes, spinach and cheese, made completely from scratch and ready in less than 30 minutes start to finish!
This breakfast pizza is so quick and easy to make from scratch, thanks to this 4-ingredient pizza dough made with any flour of your choice, Greek yogurt, baking powder and salt! No yeast, no fancy mixer!
A healthy spin on a pizza, loaded with protein and tastes delicious!
What is Breakfast Pizza?
It’s basically a pizza topped with everything you would like on your breakfast sandwich – the topping combinations are endless! I used bacon, tomatoes and mozzarella, but it’s also great with ham, sausage, or make it meatless and just add more veggies like bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, etc. Feel free to play around with different cheese combinations. The egg yolks are pretty firm, if you want them runny I suggest baking the crust a few minutes ahead before adding the egg. Or if you prefer scrambled eggs, cook them on the stove first before adding to the dough.
How To Make Breakfast Pizza
Tips for making breakfast pizza
- Use a silpat or parchment paper sprayed with oil to prevent them from sticking to the baking sheet.
- You may recognize this dough recipe from my bagel post, I modified this to use less baking powder.
- Greek yogurt instead of plain is a MUST or your dough will be too sticky, if there’s any liquid in the yogurt be sure to drain it. I tested with Fage and Stonyfield Greek, both worked great.
- If your dough is sticky add more flour or use less yogurt.
- To make them with self rising flour omit the salt and baking powder.
- You can make the dough ahead and wrap it with plastic, and keep refrigerated for 3 to 4 days. Be sure to let it get back to room temperature before baking or the crust will blow up like a balloon.
More Breakfast Recipes You May Also Enjoy:
Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 1 cup (5 oz) all purpose or white whole wheat flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt, not regular, drained if theres any liquid
- handful baby spinach
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 2 strips cooked center cut bacon, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Place a silicone liner on a large baking sheet or spray with oil if using parchment.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well.
- Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is tacky, but not sticky, about 20 turns (it should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
- Divide into 4 equal balls about 3-3/8 oz each.
- Sprinkle a work surface and rolling pin with a little flour roll the dough out into thin ovals 7 to 8 inches in diameter and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Top with spinach, mozzarella and tomatoes, leaving the center open for the egg. Gently break an egg the center of each dough and finish with bacon.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until the crust is golden and the egg is set. Season with salt and pepper.