This easy chickpea egg salad is so simple and delicious for lunch (or breakfast!). It’s inexpensive to make, high in protein and fiber and great to make ahead for the week.
Chickpea Egg Salad
I’m obsessed with chickpeas, I can literally eat them right out of the can. My husband, on the other hand doesn’t share my chickpea love so I usually have them for lunch when he’s not around. And now that chickpeas and eggs are zero points on the new Weight Watchers Freestyle program, I love them even more! So easy to do with my foolproof hard boiled egg recipe.
This salad was actually my lunch today, after a craving I’ve been having the past few days, made with just a few simple ingredients I always have on hand – chickpeas, eggs, red onion, olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Since the ingredients are pretty basic, I use the best ingredients. I love Goya chickpeas, they taste the best to me as well as a good quality extra virgin olive oil, and Braggs apple cider vinegar. It’s quite filling since it’s loaded with protein and fiber, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian and it’s also quite versatile.
Chickpea Egg Salad Variations:
- If you want to add some greens to bulk this up, I think peppery baby arugula would be great.
- If you want to add more protein, this would be great with salt cod (bacalao), smoked fish, grilled chicken or tuna.
- Turn this into jar salads by layering the chickpea egg salad on the bottom, top with cherry tomatoes, then greens.
More Egg Salad Recipes You Might Like:
- Classic Egg Salad
- Asparagus, Egg and Bacon Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Protein Egg and Quinoa Salad Jars
- Deviled Eggs
- Green Bean and Egg Salad
Chickpea Egg Salad
- 2 cans (15 oz) chickpeas, I use Goya rinsed and drained
- 6 large hard boiled eggs, sliced crosswise
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, I use Braggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Toss all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Serve or store in refrigerator for the week.