Chickpea Egg Salad
I’m obsessed with chickpeas, I can literally eat them right out of the can. My husband, on the other hand doesn’t share my chickpea love so I usually have them for lunch when he’s not around. And now that chickpeas and eggs are zero points on the new Weight Watchers Freestyle program, I love them even more! So easy to do with my foolproof hard boiled egg recipe.
This salad was actually my lunch today, after a craving I’ve been having the past few days, made with just a few simple ingredients I always have on hand – chickpeas, eggs, red onion, olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Since the ingredients are pretty basic, I use the best ingredients. I love Goya chickpeas, they taste the best to me as well as a good quality extra virgin olive oil, and Braggs apple cider vinegar. It’s quite filling since it’s loaded with protein and fiber, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian and it’s also quite versatile.
Chickpea Egg Salad Variations:
- If you want to add some greens to bulk this up, I think peppery baby arugula would be great.
- If you want to add more protein, this would be great with salt cod (bacalao), smoked fish, grilled chicken or tuna.
- Turn this into jar salads by layering the chickpea egg salad on the bottom, top with cherry tomatoes, then greens.
More Egg Salad Recipes You Might Like:
- Classic Egg Salad
- Asparagus, Egg and Bacon Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Protein Egg and Quinoa Salad Jars
- Deviled Eggs
- Green Bean and Egg Salad
Chickpea Egg Salad
- 2 cans (15 oz) chickpeas, I use Goya rinsed and drained
- 6 large hard boiled eggs, sliced crosswise
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, I use Braggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Toss all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Serve or store in refrigerator for the week.