Bacon Egg and Avocado Breakfast Sandwich
These are breakfast goals right here!! If you’re a breakfast person and like to start your day with a big meal, then this sandwich has your name all over it! Also great for brunch or lunch.
We are obsessed with making bagels, the recipe is so easy I usually make a double batch to use for sandwiches for the week. I refrigerate the leftovers then pop them in the toaster. This breakfast sandwich is my go-to! Sometimes I make a runny egg, or scramble some egg whites with spinach.
But often, scrambled eggs (I like them soft) are my go to when I want to make eggs for the whole family. The beauty about making your own bagels for these sandwiches, they taste great, and can be made with whole wheat or gluten-free flour. While the bagels bake, make the eggs and bacon and let everyone assemble their sandwiches.
Bacon Egg and Avocado Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 batch homemade bagels
- olive oil spray
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices center cut bacon, halved
- 4 thin slices heirloom tomato, from 1
- 4 ounces avocado, 1 small haas, sliced
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Prepare the bagels as instructed and let them cool.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, spray with oil.
- Scramble the eggs with salt and pepper until they just set. Set aside.
- Prepare the sandwiches. Cut the bagels in half, and make the sandwiches by layering the eggs, bacon, tomato, avocado and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Eat right away.
Photo Credit: Jess Larson