This quick, one-pot Ground Turkey Skillet with zucchini, corn, tomatoes, and black beans is great for weeknight dinner or meal prep!
Ground Turkey Skillet
I just love an easy weeknight recipe you can whip up all in one skillet. This dish has all the flavors of summer with fresh zucchini, corn, and tomato. It’s a full meal in one – although if you wish, you can serve it with a grain. This ground turkey skillet is inspired by my Santa Fe Stuffed Zucchini but simplified and cooked in under 20 minutes. More of my favorite skillet recipes to try are this Beef Picadillo Recipe and this Cheesy Rotisserie Chicken Enchilada Skillet. And see all my ground turkey recipes for more ideas.
How to Make Ground Turkey Skillet
This healthy ground turkey skillet cooks pretty fast. First, brown the turkey and season with salt and cumin. After about five minutes, push the meat to one side, add the onion and tomato paste, and cook for a minute.
Next, add the black beans, corn, tomato, jalapeño, corn, and ¼ cup water. Then add the zucchini and remaining salt and cumin. Cover the skillet and cook on low for four to five minutes.
How to Meal Prep
This easy turkey skillet dinner is perfect for meal prep. The leftovers reheat really well, and they should last in the fridge for up to 4 days. Just store in individual containers and microwave until warm.
- Switch the ground turkey for ground chicken or sirloin.
- Swap zucchini for yellow squash.
- Use canned diced tomatoes if you don’t have fresh or sub in cherry tomatoes.
- To make this skillet low-carb, omit the black beans and corn and replace with spinach and red bell pepper.
- To make this skillet spicy, keep the ribs and seeds in the jalapeño. You could also top it with hot sauce before eating.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serve with avocado on top.
- If you want to bulk up this meal, serve it with brown rice or quinoa. For a lower-carb option, use cauliflower rice or spaghetti squash.
More Ground Turkey Recipes You’ll Love:
- Turkey Picadillo
- Turkey Enchilada Stuffed Poblano Rellenos
- Low-Carb Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados
- Easy Healthy Turkey Chorizo
- Mini Bell Pepper Loaded Turkey “Nachos”
Ground Turkey Skillet with Zucchini, Corn, Black Beans and Tomato
- 14 ounces from 2 medium or 1 large zucchini, quartered and sliced 3/4 inch
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 cups canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cups corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1 large diced tomato
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro plus more for garnish
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup water
- lime wedges optional
- Spray a large skillet over high heat with oil and brown the turkey, season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon cumin.
- Cook breaking the meat up until the turkey is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Push the meat to the side, add the onion and tomato paste and cook 1 minute.
- Add the black beans, corn, tomato, jalapeño pepper, garlic, cilantro and stir with 1/4 cup water.
- Add the zucchini remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and cumin.
- Mix and cover, cook low 4 to 5 minutes or until the zucchini is tender crisp.
- Serve with lime wedges and more cilantro if desired.