These bite-sized, air fryer bacon burgers make a great low-carb appetizer – perfect for the Super Bowl.
Air Fryer Bacon-Burger Bites
Move over, sliders. Get ready for burgers on a stick! This bun-less appetizer will be your new favorite low-carb way to eat a burger. They’re so cute and a definite crowd-pleaser. If you’re hosting a party for the Big Game, you should add these burger bites to your menu. If your obsessed with your air fryer as much as me, you will love this and more air fryer recipes! And if you need more ideas, you can see all of my ground beef recipes here.
These mini burgers are a healthy appetizer that don’t skimp on flavor. The bacon is mixed right in with the beef, making it extra juicy. Oh, and did I mention that they’re totally low-carb? There’s no bun – everything’s skewered on an appetizer toothpick. You definitely won’t miss the bread! For other healthy burger options, try my cheeseburger salad or feta-zucchini turkey burgers.
When I host a party, I like to serve food that’s easy to eat in front of the TV. Finger foods that you can just pick up and eat without any utensils are ideal. The air fryer is perfect for making apps, they cook so fast without a big mess in the kitchen. I also like to keep the menu simple. For some other ideas for crowd-pleasing apps, check out my Mexican Layer Dip and Air Fryer Tostones with Guacamole!
How To Make Air Fryer Burger Bites
To make these bacon-burger bites, start by making the meat mixture. Put the beef, bacon, mustard, salt, pepper, and onion powder in a bowl and combine. Form into about 30 small meatballs. You can prep the beef ahead and refrigerate overnight covered tight in plastic. Prep the remaining ingredients so they are fast to assemble as you want to eat them hot.
When ready to serve, cook the meatballs in batches in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in a 400-degree oven for 20 minutes or make them on the grill.
Once they’re done, it’s time to skewer! Add the meatball, jalapeño (if you want some extra spice), pickle, and lettuce on the toothpick and top it off with the tomato. So easy!
Set out your favorite condiments and let everyone dig in!t
- Don’t eat pork? Use turkey bacon instead or leave it out completely.
- Prefer turkey burgers? Ground turkey will be just as good.
- What do you like on your burgers? Feel free to skewer your favorite fixins!
Other Game-Day Appetizers You’ll Love:
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Skinny Baked Jalapeño Poppers
- Skinny Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
- Cheesy Baked Mexican Layer Dip
Air Fryer Bacon-Burger Bites
- 2 lbs 90% beef
- 4 oz center cut raw bacon, minced
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 jalapeño sliced in 30 thin slices, optional
- 30 dill pickle chips or slices
- ketchup, mayo and/or yellow mustard , optional for dipping
- Using your hands, gently mix together the beef, bacon, mustard, salt, onion powder and pepper.
- Form into 30 (golf ball size) balls.
- Preheat the air fryer 400F. Working in batches arrange burgers in a single layer.
- Cook, flipping halfway to your desired doneness, 8 to 10 minutes for medium.
- Place each burger on a skewers with lettuce, pickles and tomatoes and serve with dipping sauces.