These potato skins are stuffed with shredded buffalo chicken breast made in the crock pot, topped with melted cheese, blue cheese dressing, carrots and celery – they are seriously delicious!
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
And since so many are asking, although I have and love my Instant Pot, I still love my slow cooker! I have the 6 Quart Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker (affil link). I love it because you can adjust the time you want it to cook, and it automatically turns to warm when it’s done. It also has a probe for meat that automatically shuts off when done. I hated my old crock pot, it burnt everything and my food had a weird taste. This slow cooker is so great, I actually own several!
Remember these crock pot buffalo chicken lettuce wraps? Same chicken, only this time I stuffed them in potato skins and topped them with cheese. So good!
You can make the chicken, blue cheese dressing and potatoes ahead, then when you’re ready to serve your guests assemble them and pop them in the oven! Double or triple it for more servings.
They even make a great meal, I had 3 for lunch and it totaled 7 points plus and I was a happy camper. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
- 6 medium Idaho or Russet potatoes*
- cooking spray I use my Misto
For the chicken:
- 12 oz boneless skinless chicken breast or tenderloins
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 16 oz fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce I used Frank's
For the toppings:
- 12 tbsp reduced fat shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup carrots cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 1 large celery stalks cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 1/4 cup Skinny Blue Cheese Dressing
- In a crock pot, combine chicken, onions, celery stalk, garlic and broth (enough to cover your chicken, use water if the can of broth isn't enough).
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from pot, reserve 1/2 cup broth and discard the rest (or save for other recipes).
- Shred the chicken with two forks, return to the slow cooker with the 1/2 cup of the broth and the hot sauce.
- Cook on HIGH for an additional 30 minutes. (Makes 1 1/2 cups chicken)
- Meanwhile, pierce potato with a fork a few times all around.
- Place in microwave and cook on high about 5 minutes per potato; set aside to cool.
- Cut potatoes in half horizontally.
- Scoop out potatoes (I save the extra potato to make skinny garlic mashed potatoes the next day) leaving about 1/4 inch thick wall, skins will weigh about 1 oz each.
- Heat oven to 450°.
- Lightly spray potato skins on both sides with oil and place a foil lined baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add 2 tablespoons of chicken meat filling into each potato skin, top with 1 tbsp shredded cheese and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top each with 1 tsp blue cheese dressing, shredded carrots and celery and start eating!