Mini burgers with bacon, layered on a bamboo skewer with lettuce, tomatoes and pickles! Who can resist your favorite foods on a stick – not me!
These burger bites make the perfect low-carb appetizer to please everyone from age six to age sixty, just set out some ketchup and mustard for dipping and watch them disappear! More party apps I love are Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls, Jalepeno Popper “Nachos”, and Baked Sweet Potato Skins.
Check out a full list of more Party food ideas.
My husband loves bacon burgers, so when I saw these in New York Times Best Selling Cookbook, Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain Celebrations I knew I had to make them! Her book is filled with a year of gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo recipes for every occasion I knew I had to make them! Perfect for the Superbowl for an easy appetizer, or even great during in the warmer months for backyard parties. I slightly adapted them using less bacon and cooked them on my grill pan since it’s too cold to use my grill but you can also make them outside on the grill.
- 2 lbs 93% beef
- 4 oz center cut raw bacon, minced
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 30 dill pickle chips or slices
- ketchup, mayo and/or mustard optional for serving
- Using your hands, gently mix together the beef, bacon, mustard, salt, onion powder and pepper.
- Form into 30 (golf ball size) meatballs.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high heat and grill 3 minutes on each side, or until your desired doneness.
- Place on skewers with lettuce, pickles and tomatoes and serve with ketchup and mustard for dipping.