These Korean-inspired Turkey Gochujang Meatballs are delicious, seasoned with ginger and spices and finished with a sweet and spicy, gochujang glaze.
Korean Gochujang Meatballs
These Gochujang Meatballs make a great appetizer or make them a meal with some brown rice and kimchi. Also great for meal prep! I have TONS of meatball recipes here. Try these Italian Turkey Meatballs, Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, Sheet Pan Turkey Meatball Dinner and these Chicken Romano Meatballs, to name a few.
I’m obsessed with gochujang, a thick, spicy red chili paste and one of the backbone ingredients of Korean cooking. I love the kick and depth of flavor that it adds to everything you stir it into — a little goes a long way.
This dish is excellent as an appetizer served with toothpicks, or make it a main dish for dinner over rice for 4 servings by increasing the the meatballs, about 5 per person.
Tips To Meal Prep Gochujang Meatballs
This also makes a great meal prep dish! To meal prep for 4 days, you will need 3 cups cooked brown rice. You can cook the rice or buy frozen brown rice for convenience (I love Trader Joes!). Divide 3/4 cup brown rice per serving with 5 meatballs and transfer to meal prep containers. I love these glass meal prep jars . Refrigerate for the week. To reheat, microwave 2 to 3 minutes, until hot. You can also freeze them in a freezer safe meal prep container, then transfer to the refrigerator the day before eating. You can see more meal prep recipes here.
How To Make Korean Turkey Meatballs
More Asian Recipes I Love:
- Easy Wonton Soup
- Asian Glazed Drumsticks
- Chicken Zucchini Stir Fry
- Grilled Bourbon Chicken
- Salmon with Maple Soy Glaze
Korean-Inspired Turkey Gochujang Meatballs
For the Gochujang Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon gochujang, check labels for gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce, use gluten-free soy sauce for GF
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
For the meatballs:
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- scallion greens
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover 1 large sheet pan with foil and lightly spray with oil.
- Combine glaze ingredients together in a small bowl.
- For meatballs: Combine all ingredients from turkey to scallions (whites only) in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Using your hands, form into 21 round meatballs, about 1 oz each. Place the meatballs, evenly spaced, on the prepared sheet pan. Baked for 20 minutes in the center of the oven.
- Preheat the broiler on high and position the rack about 5 to 6 inches from the heat, second rack from the top.
- Brush the meatballs with glaze and broil about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and top with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Serve with toothpicks as an appetizer or with rice if desired as a main dish.