Summer Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
These Summer Quinoa Breakfast Bowls are my favorite! Served as a warm cereal topped with fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey. A healthy protein packed breakfast.
I cook the quinoa in almond milk sweetened with just a touch of brown sugar (you can use any sweetener or omit if you wish) and serve it with extra warmed milk on the side. That’s just my preference, if you prefer your cereal thicker you can add less milk. Using almond milk makes this a great dairy-free, gluten-free breakfast option for people with allergies.
Summer Breakfast Quinoa Bowls
- 1 small peach, sliced
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well
- 2/3 + 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp brown sugar, or sweetener of your choice
- 12 raspberries
- 14 blueberries
- 2 teaspoons local honey
- In sauce pan cook combine quinoa and 2/3 cup almond milk, vanilla and brown sugar.
- Cook on medium heat and bring to boil for five minutes.
- Lower the heat to low and cover.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until easily fluffs with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan and spray with oil.
- Grill the peaches to bring out their sweetness 2 to 3 minutes; set aside.
- Warm the remaining almond milk.
- Divide the cooked quinoa between 2 bowls then pour in warmed almond milk.
- Top with peaches, raspberries and blueberries and drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of honey.