Greek 7 Layer Dip
This 7 Layer Greek Dip is layered with hummus, garlic lemon Greek yogurt, topped with cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, feta and kalamata olives. Grab some pita chips and serve this at your next party!
I love this dip for its’ Mediterranean flavors and its’ light and refreshing taste. It’s also just so easy to whip up in a hurry before a party or bbq. More of my favorite Greek inspired recipes are my Crustless Spinach and Feta Pie, Greek Turkey Burgers and Greek Pasta Salad.
Usually party dips can be so indulgent but this one is just guiltless, loaded with healthy whole ingredients. If you’re serving this for a large party, you can double the recipe or halve it for a small one. My favorite part of this dip is the added protein from the garbanzo beans, or chick peas, in the hummus. If you have the time, make the hummus from scratch. If not, use your favorite hummus brand.
You can prep all the ingredients ahead, but it’s best to layer it just before serving as the cucumbers tend to get watery if they sit too long. If you don’t eat dairy, or if you want to keep it vegan, skip the yogurt and add more hummus!
How To Make A Greek Dip
More Dip Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Greek 7 Layer Dip
- 8 ounces hummus, store bought or homemade
- 1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp red onion, minced
- 1 cup English cucumber, about ½ large, ½-inch dice
- 1 cup Roma tomato, seeded, ½-inch dice
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice, salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
- In an 8”x8” or 7" x 11"glass dish, layer the hummus, yogurt mixture, red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, feta and olives.
- Serve with whole grain pita chips or baked corn chips.