Mexican Cauliflower “Rice”
This Mexican inspired Cauliflower Rice uses finely riced cauliflower, which makes a fantastic low-carb, grain-free stand in for rice.
Riced cauliflower is so easy to find in the produce section or frozen. Simply sauteed with tomatoes, onions, jalapeno and spices, it transforms cauliflower into a flavorful side dish, perfect with Mexican favorites like Beef Tacos, Chicken Enchiladas, or Grilled Steak Lettuce Tacos.
How To Make Cauliflower Rice
You can of course also make your own riced cauliflower in a food processor, to do this remove the core of the cauliflower and coarsely chop into florets, then place in a food processor (in batches) and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice – don’t over process or it will get mushy.
More Cauliflower Rice Recipes:
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower “Rice”
- Cauliflower Fried “Rice”
- Roasted Cauliflower Rice
- Skillet Taco Cauliflower Rice
- Skillet Cauliflower Rice Arroz Con Pollo
Mexican Cauliflower "Rice"
- 4 cups cauliflower crumbles, the sell this in stop and shop now
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, small dice
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and membrane removed, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- chopped cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onions, tomatoes and jalapeno and sauté until just tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cauliflower, sauté until the cauliflower is just tender, 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, cumin, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir to evenly coat the vegetables and cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Add chopped cilantro and serve.