Skillet Ground Turkey Taco Cauliflower Rice
Skillet Ground Turkey Taco Cauliflower Rice, an easy skillet dinner made with ground turkey and cauliflower rice topped with lettuce, avocado and salsa for an low-carb, weeknight meal!
Ground Turkey Taco Cauliflower Rice
I love brown rice, but when I want a low-carb meal, cauliflower rice is my jam! More cauliflower rice recipes popular here are Cauliflower Fried Rice, Cauliflower Rice Arancini Balls, Cauliflower Rice Arroz Con Pollo and Mexican Cauliflower Rice, to name just a few.
This recipe is a great way to get your kids to eat more cauliflower because it’s all mixed in with the meat. It’s a quick dish, ready in under 30 minutes and also gluten-free, keto, whole30 and Paleo, as well as Weight Watcher friendly of course!
How To Make Cauliflower Rice
- You can’t beat the convenience of pre-cut or frozen cauliflower rice. But the shelf life of pre-cut fresh cauliflower is short, and the frozen is fine when your in a pinch. For the best taste I prefer to make it myself, it’s so fast and easy to make with a food processor (this is the one I have) affil link.
- To make cauliflower rice, in batches, place a few florets in the food processor and pulse a few times until it resembles rice. You don’t want to over process it, 3 times is usually enough. You don’t want to overcrowd the food processor or it will require you to pulse it more, resulting in over-processed pieces.
How To Cook Cauliflower Rice
- To cook, saute a little oil in a skillet and add the cauliflower until tender about 5 to 8 minutes.
- If cooking in a sauce, add the cauliflower rice at the end. It only takes about 5 to 8 minutes to cook.
- You can also roast riced cauliflower in the oven, which gives you a wonderful nutty flavor. See my Roasted Cauliflower Rice recipe here.
How To Make Skillet Taco Cauliflower Rice
More Cauliflower Rice Recipes
- Mexican Cauliflower “Rice”
- Cauliflower Fried “Rice
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower “Rice”
- Cauliflower Rice Biryani
- Cauliflower Rice Arancini
Skillet Taco Cauliflower Rice
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 oz canned tomato sauce, 1/2 can
- 4 cups uncooked riced cauliflower
- For the toppings:
- 4 ounces avocado, 1 small
- chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/4 cup jarred salsa
- lime wedges
- Over high heat, brown the turkey in a large skillet breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks, about 5 minutes.
- When no longer pink add 1 teaspoon salt and the dry seasoning and mix well.
- Add the onion, pepper, water and tomato sauce and cover.
- Simmer on low for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover and add the cauliflower, add 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with avocado, lettuce, salsa and lime.