Roasted Cauliflower Rice with Garlic and Lemon
Roasted Cauliflower Rice with Garlic and Lemon combines my love for cauliflower rice with the nutty flavor of roasted cauliflower. The tastiest way to prepare riced cauliflower!
Roasted Cauliflower Rice
Riced Cauliflower is a fantastic stand-in for rice when you want to eat low-carb, grain-free or keto. This roasted version is outstanding, but some of my favorite cauliflower recipes recipes are Cauliflower Fried Rice, Cauliflower Rice Arancini, and Skillet Cauliflower Rice Arroz Con Pollo.
What can’t cauliflower do! I love cauliflower every way from boiled, to roasted, but I also love using it for low carb swaps. Everything from low-carb mashed potatoes, low-carb potato salad, and low-carb rice!
What is Cauliflower Rice?
Cauliflower rice is small chunks of chopped cauliflower, about the size of a rice grain prepared as a rice substitute. A fantastic, low-carb, grain-free stand in for rice. You can make if yourself riced cauliflower yourself in a food processor, buy it pre-cut fresh in most supermarkets, or purchase it frozen.
Buying it pre-cut is super time saving, but will cost a little more than making it yourself and the shelf life of buying it fresh in bags is shorter than making it from scratch. Frozen will last longer, and is great for many recipes, although I find the taste best when you make it yourself.
What to Serve with Roasted Cauliflower Rice
How To Make Cauliflower Rice
Cut the cauliflower into florets, then place a few pieces at a time in the food processor and pulse a few times until it resembles rice. Don’t put too much in the food processor as it will over-process and turn to mush.
More Veggie Rice Recipes
- Mexican Cauliflower “Rice”
- Cauliflower Fried “Rice
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower “Rice”
- Cheesy Chicken and Veggie Rice Skillet
- Cauliflower Rice Arancini
Roasted Cauliflower "Rice" with Garlic and Lemon
- 16 oz riced cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- To cut the cauliflower into rice: Remove the core and coarsely chop the cauliflower into florets, then place the cauliflower (in 3 or 4 batches) in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don’t over process or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a large sheet pan with oil. Combine the riced cauliflower, olive oil, garlic and salt on the prepared sheet pan, spread out in a single layer and roast in the oven 25 minutes, mixing halfway until golden.
- Remove from oven, top with fresh lemon juice and parsley. Makes 1 1/2 cups.