Low-Carb Potato Salad is actually made with cauliflower instead of potatoes, perfect for Keto or if you’re just cutting back on the carbs.
Low-Carb Potato Salad
I try to eat low-carb during the week, and was craving potato salad so I made this mock “potato” salad with cauliflower in place of potatoes, plus all my favorite add-ins such as chopped hard boiled eggs, mayo, pickles, dill and red onion. WOW is all I have to say!! This turned out better than I could have imagined!
And why not, I have used cauliflower in place of potatoes and rice in many of my recipes with huge success such as Cauliflower Tots, Loaded Cauliflower Mash and Cauliflower Fried “Rice”.
I also love that it’s so much easier to cook, no peeling potatoes! The hardest part is peeling the eggs, which are not hard if you make hard boiled eggs in the instant pot!
Full disclosure: my husband Tommy was not on board with this (he hates cauliflower and could care less about eating low-carb). He also loves this potato salad, if you prefer the real thing! No worries, more for me!
How To Make Low-Carb Potato Salad
I tested this twice to get it perfect. Chopping the cauliflower small and cooking it until it’s tender is key to success. The first time I made it, I swapped some of the mayo for Greek yogurt, but really liked it better the second time using all mayo (I am loving Sir Kensington). I also think this gets better the longer it sits! This mock “potato” salad can be refrigerated 3 to 4 days.
More Cauliflower Recipes:
- Mexican Cauliflower “Rice”
- Cauliflower Fried “Rice
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower “Rice”
- Low-carb Mashed “Potatoes”
- Cauliflower Rice Arancini
Low Carb Potato Salad
- 1 pound cauliflower florets, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise, I love Sir Kensington
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoon fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 medium celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 6 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- paprika, for garnish
- Place 1 inch of water in a large pot with 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Chop 4 of the eggs and add to the bowl with the cauliflower. Slice the remaining two eggs for topping.
- Add pickle, celery, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and red onion. Add the mayo mixture and pickle juice to the cauliflower and toss gently to evenly coat. Garnish with remaining sliced eggs and sprinkle with paprika.