These kid-friendly cauliflower tots are a great way to get your picky-kids to eat more vegetables! They make a great side dish and are easy to make.
Last year I fell in love with zucchini tots, and since adapted the recipe using cauliflower instead during the colder months when zucchini isn’t in season. I also had issues with them sticking to my mini muffin pan, and found making them on a non-stick baking sheet the perfect solution. My older daughter loves these, but my toddler still prefers to eat her vegetables raw (go figure!). I’ve also made broccoli cheese tots, they turned out great!
If you need a way to get your family to eat more vegetables, give these a try. These kid-friendly cauliflower tots are so good, they won’t realize they are eating cauliflower. They are great as a side dish and are easy to make.
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower florets, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (can substitute with gluten-free bread crumbs)
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- To cook the cauliflower florets, steam a little over 2 cups raw cauliflower florets in a little water covered for for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender but not mushy, then drain well and dry on paper towel. Using a knife, finely chop and set 2 cups aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden.
- Makes about 32 – 34 tots.
Yield: 4, Serving Size: 8 tots
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 3
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 148 calories
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Sodium: 397mg
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 10g