Broccoli, cheddar, If you need a way to get your picky family members to eat their broccoli, give these yummy broccoli and cheese tots a try!
I’ve been making these veggie tots with zucchini and cauliflower for a while now, but this week I had some broccoli that needed to be cooked. These turned out awesome, perfect as a side dish or a snack and a great way to get your kids to eat their vegetables!
Broccoli and Cheese Tots
- • 12 oz broccoli florets
- • 1 large egg
- • 1 large egg white
- • 1/2 cup finely chopped scallion
- • 2/3 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- • 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- • salt and pepper to taste
- • cooking spray
- To cook the broccoli florets, blanch in a pot of boiling water for 1 minute, then rinse under cold water and drain well; dry on paper towel.
- Using a knife finely chop and set 2 cups aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals.
- Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden.