Slow Cooker Lemon Feta Chicken Drumsticks
EASY chicken dish – only 5 ingredients not counting S + P! Skinless chicken drumsticks are seasoned with lemon, oregano and spices then slow cooked in the crock pot. When done, they are topped with fresh grated feta – YUM!
Every now and then I like to take recipes I would normally make in the oven and try them out in my slow cooker. Some of you might recognize this Roasted Lemon Feta Chicken recipe from the archives. Often they convert great for the slow cooker with some slight modifications. These drumsticks were fall of the bone, with great flavor and the only difference was rather than adding the feta and broiling them in the oven, I served the chicken on a platter and added the fresh grated feta cheese after which melted from the heat of the drumsticks. I highly recommend buying a chunk of feta and grating it yourself, it’s moister and tastes so much better. I served this with this massaged raw kale salad using feta instead of parmesan – an easy inexpensive meal.
And since so many are asking, I have the 6 Quart Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker. I love it because you can adjust the time you want it to cook, and it automatically turns to warm when it’s done. It also has a probe for meat that automatically shuts off when done. I hated my old crock pot, it burnt everything and my food had a weird taste. This crock pot is so great, I actually own two!
Slow Cooker Lemon Feta Drumsticks
- 8 skinless chicken drumsticks, (about 30 oz total)
- • kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- • 2 tsp garlic powder
- • 1 tbsp dried oregano
- • juice of 1 lemon
- • 1/3 cup feta cheese, fresh grated
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and lemon juice.
- Place in the slow cooker and cook on HIGH 4 hours, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center near the bone.
- When chicken is cooked through, sprinkle with grated feta and cover until cheese is melted.