Zucchini Tots are a great way to get your family to eat their veggies! These kid-friendly zucchini tots, made with shredded zucchini and cheese make a great side dish or snack.
I have tons of zucchini recipes here on Skinnytaste, because it’s one of my favorite vegetables and it’s so versatile. A few of my favorites are Zucchini Enchiladas (perfect for meatless Mondays), Zucchini Pizza Bites and one of my summer favorite’s – Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats. For breakfast you can try this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread, even the pickiest of kids will enjoy them!
I shared this recipe a few years ago, and we all loved them, but the only issue was I made them in a mini muffin tin, and they stuck to the pan.
Then last year I made these cauliflower tots and baked them on a baking sheet and they were perfect. So last night I decided to try it out with this recipe, and the results were zucchini tot perfection – no more sticking to the pan!
I also like how they got a little crisp on the edges – so good! My husband LOVED these, and he’s pretty particular when it comes to eating zucchini. One advice is to be sure to squeeze as much water out of the shredded zucchini, I just used paper towels. Some moisture will still remain, but they will turn out just fine.
How To Make Zucchini Tots
More Zucchini Recipes
- Creamy Zucchini Soup
- Grilled Zucchini
- Santa Fe Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Veggie Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini
- Zucchini Pie
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Grate the zucchini into a clean dish towel until you have 1 packed cup. Wring all of the excess water out of the zucchini, there will be a lot of water. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, turning halfway though cooking until golden. Makes 16.