What to do with that giant zucchini from your garden? Make these easy low-carb Zucchini Pizza Bites, just 3 ingredients!
Zucchini Pizza Bites
I make these low-carb Zucchini Pizza Bites all the time for lunch or snack. Even my husband thinks they are pretty darn good! They are also gluten-free and perfect for meatless Mondays. If you haven’t tried these yet, they are a must while zucchini is in season! Some other fun pizza recipes are my Pepperoni Pizza Bites and Pizza Sausage Rolls with my Greek yogurt bagel dough. And if you need more ideas for your garden zucchini, check out all my zucchini recipes.
Are giant zucchinis good to eat?
Yes, giant zucchinis are good to eat. They can be bitter, so I recommend eating them cooked and not raw. This zucchini bites recipe is a perfect way to use them up!
How to Use Giant Zucchini
There are so many ways to use giant zucchinis. Make zucchini tots, fritters, soup, or zoodles. Grill them or stuff them. You can even grate oversized zucchinis and add them to baked goods, like Banana Zucchini Cake, Chocolate Zucchini Bread, or Pineapple Zucchini Cupcakes.
Low Carb Pizza Bites, Just three Ingredients:
These pizza bites couldn’t be simpler. There are only three main ingredients, plus olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Oversized zucchini
- Marinara (jarred or homemade sauce)
- Shredded mozzarella
How to Make Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Prep: Cut the zucchini into ¼-inch thick slices. My zucchini was very large, so if yours is smaller, cut it at an angle to get big ovals.
- Season: Spray both sides of the zucchini rounds with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook: Broil or grill the zucchini for about two minutes on each side.
- Top: Spoon marinara and mozzarella over the slices and broil for another minute. They can burn quickly, so keep an eye on them.
- Zucchini Subs: Swap oversized zucchini with yellow squash or eggplant.
- Sauce: Use pesto instead of marinara.
- Meat: Add Italian sausage or pepperoni to these pizza bites.
- Veggies: Add chopped bell peppers, mushrooms, or onions.
- Herbs: Top with fresh or dried basil, oregano, or thyme.
- Spice: Sprinkle the pizza bites with crushed red pepper.
What to Serve with Zucchini Pizza Bites
These zucchini pizza bites are great for a snack or appetizer, but if you’re eating them as part of a meal, here are a few serving suggestions:
- Protein: Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan, Grilled Shrimp Scampi Skewers
- Pasta: Grilled Vegetable Orzo Pasta Salad, Pasta with Asparagus
- Salad: Italian Chopped Salad, Warm Salad with Artichokes, Peppers, & Mozzarella
More Zucchini Recipes You’ll Love:
- Turkey Meatloaf with Zucchini
- Summer Cavatelli Pasta with Corn, Tomatoes, and Zucchini
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Skins
- Perfectly Grilled Zucchini
- Sausage-Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Cut zucchini about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spray both side lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil or grill the zucchini for about 2 minute on each side.
- Top with sauce and cheese and broil for an additional minute or two. (Careful not to burn cheese)