Quick Spiralized Zucchini and Grape Tomatoes is a delicious, low-carb summer side dish. Ready in less than 15 minutes.
Spiralized Zucchini and Grape Tomatoes
I think it was on an episode of MasterChef Junior that I heard the quote “what grows together, goes together” which makes so much sense. Zucchini, tomatoes and basil are just made for each other, you can serve as a side dish, as suggested, or even as a main dish topped with some grilled shrimp or chicken.
Since grape tomatoes and zucchini are in season, I thought it would be a good time to revive this recipe from the archives. I’ve been using the thicker blade on my spiralizer to make my zoodles (zucchini noodles). I like the larger noodle because it has more of bite and I’m careful not to overcook them so they don’t get soggy. Under two minutes is all they need, then I quickly remove them from the hot skillet or they will keep cooking.
More Spiralized Zucchini Recipes You Will Love
- Spiralized Zucchini with Tomatoes and Pesto
- Spiralized Zucchini Salad with Avocado and Edamame
- Spiralized Zucchini with Shrimp
- Shrimp Scampi Zoodles
- Kung Pao Chicken Zoodles
Quick Spiralized Zucchini and Grape Tomatoes
- In a large non-stick pan set over high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until golden, 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, and crushed red pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer, covered, until the tomatoes soften, 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high, stir in the zucchini and basil, season with salt and cook 2 minutes. Serve right away.