Much quicker to make than traditional risotto and loaded with protein, minerals and amino acids. A few of my other favorite risotto dishes are Carrot “rice” Leek Risotto with Bacon, Seared Scallops over wilted Spinach and Parmesan Risotto, and Spring Asparagus Risotto.
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano or locetelli
- 1 cup homemade sauce
- 1/4 cup of chicken or vegetable stock
- In a medium sauce pan, heat sauce and chicken stock.
- Combine with cooked quinoa and grated cheese and mix well.
- Top with extra cheese if desired.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 7
- Points +: 7
- Calories: 284 calories
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 459mg
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 11g