Much quicker to make than traditional risotto and loaded with protein, minerals and amino acids. A few of my other favorite risotto dishes are Carrot “rice” Leek Risotto with Bacon, Seared Scallops over wilted Spinach and Parmesan Risotto, and Spring Asparagus Risotto.
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano or locetelli
- 1 cup homemade sauce
- 1/4 cup of chicken or vegetable stock
- In a medium sauce pan, heat sauce and chicken stock.
- Combine with cooked quinoa and grated cheese and mix well.
- Top with extra cheese if desired.