This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Quinoa fried rice is a healthy twist on my classic fried rice recipe, the perfect side dish when you want to incorporate more quinoa in your meals.
Quinoa Fried Rice
Quinoa makes a great alternative to rice in this quick and easy stir fry. I often make a large batch of quinoa, and keep the rest in my fridge to use throughout the week (it freezes great too). You can easily make this a main dish by adding chicken, shrimp or beef.
This makes a great side dish for your favorite stir-fries. You can make this a main by adding your favorite protein such as shrimp, beef, chicken, or tofu.
Quinoa "Fried Rice"
Quinoa makes a great alternative to rice in this quick and easy stir fry.
Yield: 5 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
- In a nonstick wok, spray oil and add the eggs and salt and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until done. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and add the scallions, peppers and garlic.
- Saute about 1 minute, add the tomato and stir in all the quinoa.
- Add soy sauce and stir to mix all the ingredients.
- Keep stirring a few minutes, then add cooked scrambled egg.
- Adjust soy sauce as needed to taste and mix well another 30 seconds.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 cup, Calories: 252.3 kcal, Carbohydrates: 39 g, Protein: 11.7 g, Fat: 6.3 g, Fiber: 5.6 g