These Mixed Berry Tartlets with Dark Chocolate make the perfect summer treat!
Made with a graham cracker crust, drizzled with dark chocolate and filled with fresh berries. Top them with vanilla whipped cream and enjoy!
These are great to make for a party, you can assemble the tartlets ahead and fill when you’re ready to serve. These can also be made gluten-free by using gluten-free graham crackers. Everyone in my house loved these, hope you do too!
How To Make Berry Tartlets
Mixed Berry Tartlet with Dark Chocolate and Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 10 whole graham cracker sheets*, broken into 1-inch pieces (160g)
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, unpacked
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 oz good quality dark chocolate
- 2 cups mixed berries, strawberries, raspberries, & blueberries
- chocolate shavings, optional
- * check labels for gluten-free
- Heat the oven to 325F degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a food processor, breakdown the graham cracker pieces to fine, even crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, egg white, brown sugar, butter and kosher salt. Mix with a fork until thoroughly and evenly combined.
- Evenly distribute the crumbs (about 1 1/2 tbsp each) among the muffin cups and press them into an even layer on the bottom and up 2/3 of the sides of the liner.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until crust is beginning to brown, rotating the pan halfway through baking.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream, sugar and vanilla.
- With a metal whisk or hand mixer, whip the cream to medium peaks or desired stiffness.
- Set aside in refrigerator 2 to 3 minutes, or until ready to use.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir the chocolate and continue to heat at 30 second intervals until melted.
- When crust is completely cool, carefully remove the paper liner.
- Spoon 1/2 tsp melted chocolate onto the bottom of the crust.
- Place the cups in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Once the chocolate is set and crust is firm, top the chocolate with berries and whipped cream.
- Top with chocolate shavings, if using. Repeat with the remaining crusts. Serve immediately.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.