Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Easy Chicken Parmesan Air Fryer recipe comes out juicy and delicious. Ready in only 18 minutes this is one chicken dinner your family will love!
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Recipe
I basically followed the same recipe as my oven version but made half, and added the sauce and cheese the last three minutes of cook time. I made them in my Skinnytaste Vremi Air Fryer which has an extra large basket and is dishwasher safe!
If you don’t have an air-fryer, you can follow my baked chicken parmesan recipe here. I brush the chicken with melted butter or oil instead of using egg before the breadcrumbs to give it that “fried” taste without frying. To see some of my other air-fryer recipes, click here.
Air Fryer Tips For Success
To Preheat or Not To Preheat!
Although not all models have a preheat function, I find to get consistent results each time, preheating the air fryer for 3 minutes. If you air fryer doesn’t come with a preheat function, simply set the air fryer, with the basket inserted for 3 minutes, to the temperature you plan on using, just a few minutes before you plan on cooking your food. If you wish to skip this step, you can add 2 to 3 minutes to the cook time.
Don’t Overcrowd the Basket
It’s best to cook food in a single layer so the air circulates and browns your food. If it doesn’t fit, cook food in batches to avoid overcrowding the basket preventing it from turning crisp.
In most cases, flipping your food over halfway is essential to evenly cooked and browned food on both sides, since the heating element is usually at the top. Smaller foods like French fries or vegetables, shaking the basket a few times rather than flipping, will get everything evenly browned and crisp.
How To Make Chicken Parmesan in The Air Fryer
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Air Fryer Breaded Pork Cutlets
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Za’atar Lamb Chops
Chicken Parmesan in the Air Fryer
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half to make 4 thinner cutlets, 8 oz each
- 6 tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs, I used whole wheat, you can use gluten-free
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
- 6 tbsp reduced fat mozzarella cheese, I used Polly-o
- 1/2 cup marinara
- cooking spray
- Preheat the air fryer 360F° for 3 minutes.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl.
- Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture.
- When the air fryer is ready, place 2 pieces in the basket and spray the top with oil.
- Cook 5 minutes, turn and top each with 2 tbsp sauce and 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cook 3 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Set aside and keep warm, repeat with the remaining 2 pieces.