Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
This easy Chicken Cordon Bleu is a family favorite stuffed with ham and melted cheese?! Baked, not fried and easy to make, no toothpicks required! Also a great air fryer recipe!
Chicken Cordon Bleu
This healthier Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe is baked, not fried making these a much lighter choice. It’s usually stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese, but you can use any cheese your family would enjoy. For a quicker version, you may also enjoy my Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Some of you may notice this recipe from the archives, I gave them a mini-makeover and made them simpler and lighter, so throw away your old print-outs and print this out instead.
Previously my instructions called for cutting the chicken breasts yourself. So many of you had a hard time doing this, so I re-worked it with pre-sliced chicken cutlets instead. If you’re a pro at slicing your own chicken, then go ahead and do it yourself – you will cut the cost in half.
I also eliminated the toothpicks, which saves time and quite honestly works fine without. A little cheese may ooze out, but that’s OK! If you want to use the toothpicks, up to you but it’s so much quicker without. The chicken is layer with cheese and ham, then rolled and breaded.
How To Make Chicken Cordon Bleu
More Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes
Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
- cooking spray
- 12 thin sliced, 36 oz total skinless boneless chicken breasts, 3 oz each
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 oz 6 slices thinly sliced lean deli ham, sliced in half
- 6 slices 4.4 oz Sargento reduced fat Swiss cheese, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a large non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Wash and dry the chicken cutlets; lightly pound the chicken to make thinner and lightly season with salt and black pepper.
- Lay the chicken on a working surface and place a slice of ham on top of the chicken, then the cheese and roll, setting them aside seam side down.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites along with water to make an egg wash.
- In another medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Dip the chicken into the egg wash, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken onto the baking sheet seem side down. Spray the top of the chicken with more cooking spray and bake about 25 minutes, or until until cooked.
Air Fryer Directions
- Follow steps above 1 through 6.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F. Spray both sides of the chicken with oil. Cook, in two batches 12 minutes turning halfway.