This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Chicken breast stuffed with shredded zucchini, garlic and mozzarella cheese, rolled then dipped in oil and fresh lemon juice, breaded and baked to perfection!
Chicken and zucchini are wonderful together and this is a wonderful way to use up the summer’s bounty, and your family will love this, even the non-vegetable lovers!!
Serve this with a large green salad. Leftovers reheat great the next day, or you can freeze the rest to reheat another night.
How To Make Zucchini Stuffed Chicken
More Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes
- Sundried Tomato Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken Rollatini with Proscuitto and Cheese
- Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken Rollatini Parmesan
Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini and Mozzarella
Shredded zucchini, garlic and mozzarella cheese rolled in chicken cutlets, then dipped in oil and fresh lemon juice, breaded and baked to perfection!
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 cutlet
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Romano cheese, or parmesan
- 3 oz part skim shredded mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- olive oil non-stick spray
- Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. When hot saute the garlic 1 minute, or until golden. Add zucchini, 1/4 cup Romano cheese, salt and pepper and saute about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool. When cool, add mozzarella cheese and mix to combine.
- Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 3 tbsp of zucchini-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.
- Combine breadcrumbs and remaining 2 tbsp of Romano cheese in one bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Dip chicken in lemon-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with oil spray.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes. Serve immediately. Serving size is listed as one, but if you are having this with a salad, I suggest you have two.
Air Fryer Directions
- Follow steps above 1 through 6.
- Preheat the air fryer once again to 400F. Spray both sides of the chicken with oil. Cook, in two batches 12 minutes turning halfway.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 cutlet, Calories: 172 kcal, Carbohydrates: 8 g, Protein: 20.5 g, Fat: 6.5 g, Sodium: 281 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 1.5 g