Slow Cooker Jerk Pork with Caribbean Salsa is a delicious pork roast, marinated overnight with fresh citrus juice, garlic, and jerk seasoning. Topped with a bright Caribbean salsa of fresh mangoes, avocado and cilantro.
Slow Cooker Jerk Pork with Caribbean Salsa
If I told you how good this dish was, would you believe me? Slow cooked meals are a life saver after a busy day where I don’t have the energy to think of a meal. A few of my favorite easy slow cooker pork recipes are Garlicky Cuban Pork, Italian Pulled Pork Ragu, and Balsamic Pork Roast.
The kind of good that your husband tells you how much he loves you while eating it… yeah that good! This dish is officially going into my regular rotation.
I went to Jamaica a few years ago and had so much jerk chicken I missed it when I returned. One of my friends turned me on to Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning, (affil link) it turns out it’s the #1 Best Seller in Gourmet rubs on Amazon! It’s actually made in Jamaica, so it’s the real deal. It comes in mild and hot, so being the wimp that I am, I went with mild. I served this over brown rice with some cucumbers on the side for a complete meal. If you want to keep it low-carb, serve it with vegetables instead.
Since a lot of you ask, I have the Hamilton Beach Set It and Forget It Slow Cooker, I’ve had nothing but great results since purchasing it if you’re in the market for a slow cooker. I’ve had really bad results with other slow cookers, so they are not all created equal!
Slow Cooked Jerk Pork with Caribbean Salsa
- 3 lb boneless pork shoulder blade roast, lean, all fat removed
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 - 3 tbsp Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning, I used mild
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
For the Caribbean salsa:
- 1 haas avocado, diced
- 2 large ripe mangos, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a sharp knife, cut slits into the pork and stuff holes with half of the crushed garlic.
- Combine the remaining garlic, jerk seasoning, and salt, rub all over pork (you may want to wear gloves).
- Place in a large container, pour the lime and orange juice over the pork; cover and refrigerate 5 hours or overnight, turning pork occasionally so the marinade covers all of pork.
- The next morning, put everything in the crock pot and cook on LOW for 9 hours.
- After 9 hours, remove pork and shred using two forks.
- Remove liquid from crock pot and reserve.
- Add shredded pork back to the slow cooker.
- Add about 1 cup of the liquid back into the crock pot and taste for salt and pepper.
- Let it cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the Caribbean salsa: combine all the ingredients in a bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate salsa until ready to serve.