Perfect for any holiday, just switch up the decorative colors. A few other Valentine’s Day dessert recipes I love making for the occasion are Homemade Chocolate Cake, Mixed Berry Pie, Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta and Chocolate Crepes with Strawberries. You can also check out this full list of Valentine’s Day recipes.
I love how you can come up with hundreds of different ideas with this Nordic Ware Cake Pop Pan I purchased at Target. I highly recommend buying 2 pans if you plan on making these to speed this up.
I simply took my recipe and used colored candy melts in place of the white, with heart sprinkles. So cute!
Valentine's Day Cake Balls
- 16.5 oz package yellow cake mix, or flavor of your choice
- 6 oz plain fat-free Greek yogurt, Chobani
- 1 cup water
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- baking spray
- 48 oz Wilton colored candy melts, 20 oz used total, calculated in n.i*
- mini cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a the cake pop pan with baking spray.
- Combine all the cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat until combined. Place the batter into a pastry bag or large ziplock bag with the tip cut off.
- Pipe the batter into the prepared cake pop pan and bake about 18 minutes (I rotated the pan after 10 minutes to be sure they baked evenly). Let it rest 5 minutes before opening the pan.
- Place cake balls on a wire rack and repeat with remaining batter. Using a scissor, cut the seam off the balls.
- Refrigerate the cake balls for about 45 minutes, this helps the chocolate stick to the cake.
- Melt some of the white chocolate melts in the microwave according to package directions, careful not to burn the chocolate. Insert the tip of a bamboo stick into the melted chocolate, then into the cake ball (this helps hold the stick in place) and dip each ball into the chocolate, then onto a sheet of wax paper.
- Repeat with remaining balls and chocolate. When the chocolate hardens, place into mini cupcake liners and top with sprinkles and drizzle with chocolate if desired.
- Makes 48-50 balls.