Scallops are great for a quick meal any night of the week and are a real treat. They can be quickly sautéed, then added to salads like this Scallop and Baby Green Citrus Mojo Salad, and this delicious Scallop and Grapefruit Salad, but once in a while when I want something more substantial, I love it with pasta. Here I tossed it with some pasta and peas, for a dinner that took less than 15 minutes to make.
I love sea scallops and it takes very little effort to get delicious results. For best flavor seek out the freshest scallops. Before cooking remove the small, tough muscle attached to the side. You can easily double this recipe for four servings.
Linguini with Sautéed Scallops and Peas
- 4 oz linguini, whole wheat or low carb
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp extra virgin oil
- 1 tesp butter
- 6 large sea scallops, cleaned
- course salt
- ground pepper
- Cook pasta in a medium pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions adding the peas to the boiling pasta water 4 minutes before finished.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining, drain the pasta and return to pot.
- Add parsley and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Stir, adding reserved pasta water a little at a time. Adjust salt and pepper, to taste.
- Meanwhile while the pasta is cooking, season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium flame. Cook scallops until browned on one side, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip; cook until opaque throughout, about 30 to 60 seconds more, while their centers are still slightly translucent (you can check this
- by viewing them from the side). Be careful not to overcook or they will become tough.
- Serve over pasta.