This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
One of my daughter’s favorite breakfast are crepes! Here I took my homemade crepe recipe and added cocoa powder to give them a chocolate flavor. I filled them with strawberries and cream and they came out great.
- The batter can be kept in a container for about 4 days. I always make a batch on weekends, then make 2 crepes each morning fresh for Madison which takes just minutes to make.
- You can make the crepes ahead, place on a plate and cover with plastic wrap then reheat a few at a time in the microwave.
- For an added nutritional benefit you can use white whole wheat flour in place of all purpose flour.
- Swap dairy milk with any milk you like.
Chocolate Crepes with Strawberries
Satisfy your chocolate craving with these delicious, easy to make crepes filled with strawberries and cream. The perfect Valentine's Day breakfast or dessert! You can make the batter ahead of time and refrigerate what you don't use.
Yield: 12 servings
Serving Size: 1 crepe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened dutch cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp oil
- butter flavored spray
- 24 medium strawberries, sliced (2 in each crepe)
- 1 1/2 cups fat free cool whip
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup to serve
- Blend flour, milk, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, eggs and oil until smooth in the blender.
- Heat a large nonstick pan on medium-low flame. When hot, spray with buttered flavored spray to coat bottom of pan.
- Pour 1/4 cup crepe mixture into pan, swirling pan slightly to make crepe thin and smooth. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bottom of crepe is light golden brown.
- Flip; cook 30 seconds to 1 minute or until light golden brown. Repeat with remaining buttered flavored spray and crepe mixture.
- To serve, spoon 2 tbsp whipped cream into center of each crepe.
- Top with strawberries and fold each edge of crepe over filling.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar and top with 1 tbsp chocolate syrup on each. Serve warm.
- Batter can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 crepe, Calories: 139.5 kcal, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Protein: 3.5 g, Fat: 1.5 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Cholesterol: 17 mg, Sodium: 36.5 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 13.5 g