3-Ingredient Strawberries Romanoff
Strawberries Romanoff is a quick and easy, no-bake 3-ingredient dessert, delicious and perfect for any night of the week!
My Mom made Strawberries Romanoff all the time when we were kids and we just loved it! She learned it in cooking school and since it was so simple to make, as a kid I made it all the time. Some people add orange zest or a splash of Grand Marnier but I think it’s perfect without. It’s easy to whip up and makes a great after dinner dessert. More light desserts you might enjoy are Strawberries and Cream, Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Strawberries as well as these Strawberry Squares.
This easy dessert recipe can be whipped up anytime! Chances are, you make have the ingredients on hand. Some recipes call for adding heavy cream, orange zest or a splash of Grand Marnier but I like to keep it simple and make it exactly how my mom made it. Of course, if you wish to play around and make it your own, this is a great base!
Strawberry Romanoff Ingredients:
This easy dessert recipe is made with just three ingredients, so simple but good!
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- light sour cream, or you can use full fat plain yogurt
- brown sugar, or a sugar-free brown sugar substitute
Can Strawberry Romanoff be made ahead?
You can make the sauce at least 1 day ahead, cut and assemble the strawberries the day you are going to eat them.
How To Make
Step 1. Start by making the cream by combining the sour cream and brown sugar. This can be made ahead refrigerated up to 4 days. This also makes a delicious fruit dip!
Step 2. Wash and hull the strawberries. It’s best to prep this the day you’re eating them so the strawberries are at their best.
Step 3. When you’re ready to eat, place the strawberries in a small bowl and top with cream.
More Light Dessert Recipes with Fruit:
- Strawberry Crisp
- Mixed Berry Pie
- Cinnamon Apple Crisp
- Grilled Peaches with Honey and Yogurt
- Key Lime Yogurt Pie
- 16 oz strawberries, washed and cut
- 4 oz reduced-fat sour cream, full fat yogurt can also be used
- 2 tbsp light or dark brown sugar
- Combine sour cream and brown sugar and mix well. Place about five strawberries in each glass and drizzle each with 2 tablespoons of cream sauce.