Strawberry Squares – Sweet baked treats baked with strawberry pie filling – yum!
Perfect for Valentine’s Day, brunch or dinner parties. A few other Valentine’s Day recipes I love making for the occasion are Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake, Mixed Berry Pie, Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta and Chocolate Banana Souffles. You can also check out this full list of Valentine’s Day recipes.
These come from the Magnolia Bakery cookbook, More From Magnolia: Recipes from the World Famous Bakery. For those who never heard of the Magnolia Bakery it’s a well known bakery here in New York City famous for their cupcakes. A true guilty pleasure I occasionally treat myself to every now and then… red velvet anyone?
I recently saw this recipe on My Kitchen Adventure, and when I saw she calculated the points and they were only 3 points each, I knew I had to make these. My only change was swapping out the cherry pie filling for strawberry filling, but any pie filling would work.
Did I mention these are easy enough for a 17 year old to bake? Yes, my daughter did the baking, she loves to bake! And lucky for me she took most of these to school with her so I wouldn’t eat more than one.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, or GF flour
- 1/2 cup canned strawberry pie filling
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray Baking Pam in a 13 x 9- inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter with the granulated sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the dough evenly in the prepared pan.
- With a small, sharp knife (or toothpick), score into twenty-four 2-inch squares.
- Place a teaspoon of pie filling in the center of each scored square.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature, then sprinkle with confectioner's sugar before cutting and serving.