Light, airy and chewy with chocolate chips in every bite – made with egg whites, sugar and chocolate, these gluten free meringues just melt in your mouth.
Chocolate Chip Clouds
These cookies are a must for Santa, we’ve been making them for years and everyone loves them. They are so easy to make, made with only 6 ingredients! A few of my other favorite varieties of meringue cookies I like to make for the holidays are Sprinkle Dipped Meringues, Black and White Chocolate Chip Clouds, Coconut Meringues and Peppermint Meringues.
My daughter Karina makes these cookies more than any other cookies! She’s sensitive to gluten, but also a chocolate lover and they are so easy to whip up. The perfect chocolate treat, what I love about them most is eating them the next day, they get chewier which is just how I like them.
- Works best with room temperature egg whites.
- Make sure none of the yolk gets mixed in with the whites or they won’t work.
- Use clean beaters and a clean metal or glass mixing bowl.
- Store room temperature up to 4 days.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Meringues (Clouds)
More Cookies You Will Love
- Peppermint Meringues
- Coconut Meringue Cookies
- Sprinkle Dipped Meringues
- Black and White Chocolate Chip Clouds
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Clouds
- 1/2 cup egg whites, room temperature
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 300°F. Cover cookie sheet with silpat or nonstick silicone pad.
- Using a mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together in large bowl at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar a little at a time, then vanilla, beating well after each addition until you get stiff peaks, the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is glossy.
- Sift cocoa onto egg white mixture; gently fold until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Drop mixture by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Makes 30 to 32 cookies.
- Bake 34 to 40 minutes or just until dry. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire rack. Store covered, at room temperature.