This easy Key Lime Yogurt Pie is a cross between a key lime pie and a key lime cheesecake with a light, creamy filling that is sweet and tart, made with key lime juice, yogurt and cream cheese in a graham cracker crust.
Key Lime Yogurt Pie
The filling requires no baking. It’s set with gelatin so if you wish to make this a no-bake pie, you can also use a ready-made graham cracker crust. This was so delicious I had to get it out of my house, as I tested it a few times to get it just right! If you have been following me, you probably know how much I love pie, it’s my favorite type of dessert and the only sweets I really crave. Some other pies I love are this Peanut Butter Pie and this Mixed Berry Pie.
Traditional key lime pie typically uses condensed milk and is really high in calories, fat and sugar. I’ve been getting requests for a makeover, so I played around with this healthier version using yogurt and cream cheese and loved the results! I always have a couple Stonyfield Organic Yogurt quarts in my fridge because I use the yogurt throughout the week, whether I’m having it for breakfast, whipping up a batch of homemade waffles, making my favorite Street Cart Chicken and White Sauce or using it as a healthy alternative for oil, butter, sour cream and even mayo. Stonyfield Organic offers plain yogurt in fat free, low fat and whole milk. For this recipe, I used their 0% fat Plain Yogurt, which is so creamy and perfect in this pie.
How To Make Key Lime Pie
Tips and Variations
- Can you use Greek yogurt? Sure!
- If you can’t find key limes, you can use regular limes or a bottles key lime juice.
- How long will the white sauce last in the refrigerator? 4 to 5 days should be fine.
- Can you make this gluten free? Yes, there are many brands of gluten-free graham crackers that work great as a crust.
More Pie Recipes:
Key Lime Yogurt Pie
- 6 sheets graham crackers, 3.5 oz total*
- 3 tbsp cold whipped butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1- 1/2 teaspoons gelatin
- 1/2 cup key lime juice, fresh squeezed or bottled
- 6 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 cup 0% fat Stonyfield plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- key lime slices, optional for garnish
- whipped cream, optional for garnish
For the graham cracker crust (you can also use a pre-made crust if you prefer):
- Place graham crackers, butter and sugar into a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add 1 tbsp water and pulse a few more times until it has a texture of coarse meal.
- Press into an 8-inch pie dish making the crust about 1/8-inch thick evenly all around and up the sides.
- Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes before you bake it, this will help prevent crumbling when you want to serve it.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake until the edges are golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the crust cool on a wire rack, before filling.
Key Lime Filling:
- In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons of the lime juice with the gelatin and stir.
- Warm the remaining 6 tablespoons of key lime juice for 30 to 45 seconds in the microwave (this is to dissolve the gelatin, don’t let it boil) and quickly mix well to dissolve the gelatin.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer combine the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and lime zest. Mix well, then add in the key lime juice and mix well, until fully incorporated, then pour into graham cracker crust.
- Chill pie thoroughly, at least 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with key lime slices and whipped cream, optional, if desired.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Stonyfield. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Skinnytaste possible. All thoughts are my own. Photo credit: Jess Larson.