This easy Chicken Parmesan Lasagna is a combination of two classic dishes. It’s the perfect family-friendly dish to feed a large crowd!
Easy Chicken Parmesan Lasagna
You’re going to need a really deep baking dish to make this!! This extra deep lasagna has 5 layers of noodles (I used no-bake), with two layers of breaded chicken cutlets (yeah baby!) in between all that saucy, cheesy goodness! Adding chicken breast adds protein to this dish, so delicious!
If you love chicken parm, be sure to try my easy air fryer chicken parmesan too!
On Sundays, I love having my family over for dinner. Usually I get together with my Mom, brother, sister in law and my nieces, sometimes my aunt, uncle and cousins come too. I made this dish last night, and my family loved it! I assembled everything ahead and popped it in the oven when they came, which gave me more time to spend with them instead of in the kitchen. Portions here are very generous! I served this with a big tossed salad and dinner was done.
How To Make Chicken Parmesan Lasagna
Can Chicken Parmesan Lasagna Be Prepared In Advance?
This tastes great for leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day. If you wish to bake and freeze, this would make a great freezer meal. Simply cut it into portions once it cools and freeze them in individual freezer-friendly containers to reheat for lunch or dinner.
- To Make Ahead and Refrigerate: May be prepped 24 hours in advance before baking. Prepare and refrigerate, tightly wrapping with foil. To bake, cover with foil and bake in a 400F preheated oven in the center rack 50 to 60 minutes. Uncover, add the remaining cup of mozzarella and bake until melted, 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let it rest 15 minutes before serving.
- To Freeze and Serve: Prepare unbaked lasagna in a freezer to oven safe Pyrex Deep baking dish, cover tightly with foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer and let it thaw in the refrigerator 24 hours before baking. To bake, cover with foil and bake in a 400F preheated oven in the center rack 50 to 60 minutes. Uncover, add the remaining cup of mozzarella and bake until melted, 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let it rest 15 minutes before serving.
If you wish to simplify this recipe, you can use the breast meat of a rotisserie chicken and shred instead of breading the chicken. It won’t be as high, but it will still be tasty.
I whipped up my homemade marinara sauce to make this, but you can also use your favorite jarred sauce, you will need two jars.
More Lasagna Recipes You Will Love
- Lasagna with Meat Sauce
- Lasagna Soup
- Lasagna Roll Ups
- Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups
- Butternut Squash Lasagna
Chicken Parmesan Lasagna
For the chicken:
For the lasagna:
- 15 ounce container part-skim ricotta cheese, I like Polly-o (almost 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil, plus more for garnish
- 4 3/4 cups homemade or jarred marinara sauce, from about 2
- 9 ounce box no-boil lasagna noodles, I used Barilla
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Beat the egg in another bowl.
- Dip the chicken into the eggs, then into the breadcrumb mixture. Discard the remaining crumbs.
- Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet, lightly spray the top with oil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, do not turn. When done, remove from the oven and reduce oven temp to 400F.
- Meanwhile, combine the ricotta, parmesan cheese, and basil in a medium bowl.
- In a 9 x 13 x 3-inch Pyrex Deep baking dish, ladle 3/4 cup of marinara on the bottom of the dish.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles across the dish (they will expand as they cook), top with 3/4 cup sauce, 4 pieces of chicken, 1/4 of the ricotta cheese mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup spinach.
- Repeat the 2nd layer, skipping the chicken.
- Repeat the 3rd layer with the chicken, and the 4th layer without the chicken.
- For the 5th layer, spread the last 3 sheets of pasta noodles with the remaining 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce on top.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 400F preheated oven in the center rack 50 minutes.
- Uncover, add the remaining cup of mozzarella and bake until melted, 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it rest 15 minutes before serving.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Photo Credit: Jess Larson
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pyrex. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Skinnytaste possible. All thoughts are my own.