These individual Mixed Berry Pies are perfect for portion control. Easy to make, filled with mixed berries and topped with refrigerated pie crust.
Mixed Berry Pie
I’m a sucker for pie, especially berry pie. Cakes and cookies I could easily do without, but warm pie out of the oven – it’s my kryptonite. To keep the pies on the lighter side, I only use the crust on top. I used the least amount of sugar I could to sweeten them without the filling getting too tart, if you’re berries are very sweet you could probably use less sugar.
With Valentine’s in mind, I used heart shaped cookie cutter to cut a heart out of the center. Other shapes would work, such as stars for Memorial Day, or simple poke holes all around.
Helpful Tips to Make Pie:
- To make this gluten-free you can turn this into a fruit crisp and top it with chopped nuts and oats.
- The mixed berry pie filling is easy to make yourself. You can use frozen berries instead of fresh.
- If you wish to use only one type of berry, such as blueberries only, use 3 3/4 cups of fruit.
More Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Crepes with Berries and Cream
- Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Amazing Flourless Brownies
Mixed Berry Pie
For the Filling:
- 4 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1 1/4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- plus 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- refrigerated pie crust*
- 1 egg, beaten
- *once cut each crust will weigh about 3/4 ounce.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Toss in berries and gently mix to coat.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest, then divide evenly into 4 (6 oz) ramekins.
- Cut the pie crust into 4 circles about 4 inches round. Roll to elongate slightly.
- Cut a heart out of the center and place the crust over the fruit in the ramekins. Brush with egg wash.
- Place the ramekins on a rimmed baking baking sheet and place in the center of the oven.
- Bake until the berries are hot and bubbling and the crust is golden, about 40 minutes.