Honey-Teriyaki Salmon with an Asian honey glaze is such and easy, flavorful dish you can make any night of the week.
My family all loved this Honey-Teriyaki Salmon. It tasted like something I would order in an upscale Asian restaurant, yet it was so simple to make. If you like this salmon recipe, you should also try my Sweet and Spicy Glazed Salmon or Air Fryer Salmon with Maple Soy Glaze.
This honey-teriyaki salmon recipe is from the cookbook Steamy Kitchen’s Healthy Asian Favorites by Jaden Hair. It’s filled with beautiful photos and over 120 fast, simple Asian recipes anyone can make on a busy weeknight. Her book features everything from Korean Tacos to Vietnamese Summer Rolls.
Is farmed or wild-caught salmon better?
Adding salmon to your plate is one of the healthiest decisions you can make. Studies link its high concentration of omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients with a lower risk of heart disease, heart attacks, stroke, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, and more.
By choosing fresh wild salmon (your best bet is wild Alaskan or Pacific) over farm-raised, you will likely be getting better quality, less-contaminated fish. However, the health benefits of eating farmed salmon far outweigh the health risks associated with not eating salmon at all. So, if wild salmon is out of your budget, go for the farmed variety.
How to Make Honey-Teriyaki Salmon
Simply fill a resealable bag with the marinade ingredients, add the salmon, and marinate (for up to eight hours) until you’re ready to cook. Then when it’s time to start dinner, make your sides and cook the fish on the stove, which will be done in less than 15 minutes.
What can I substitute for sake or mirin?
Sake and mirin are similar, but mirin has less alcohol and more sugar than sake. If you have sake but no mirin (or vice versa), just double the sake (or mirin). If you don’t have either, you could use dry sherry or sweet marsala cooking wine. You can also use a dry white wine with a little sugar or rice vinegar with a splash of white grape juice.
What to Serve with Honey-Teriyaki Salmon
More Salmon Recipes You’ll Love:
- Arugula Salmon Salad with Capers and Shaved Parmesan
- Salmon Coconut Curry with Spinach and Chickpeas
- Spiced Rubbed Grilled Salmon with Black Beans and Corn
- Grilled Salmon Kebabs
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon and Vegetables
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce, or tamari for gluten free
- 3 tbsp mirin, Japanese sweet rice wine
- 3 tbsp sake
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 lb fresh wild salmon fillet, cut in 4 pieces
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- Combine the soy sauce, mirin, sake, and honey in a resealable bag. Add the salmon and mix to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Remove salmon, reserving the marinade. Heat a frying pan or sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, swirl in the oil. Sear salmon, 2 minutes per side. Turn heat to low and pour in the reserved marinade. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until cooked through.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.