Banana Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Fruity, moist and delicious, this banana and zucchini cake is loaded crushed pineapple and lightly sweetened with honey.
Banana and Zucchini Cake
It’s zucchini season which makes me super excited to make bread and muffins with zucchini! A favorite is this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread which my daughter loves. But for dessert, I loved how moist and delicious this easy sheet cake turned out lightly sweetened with honey thanks to the natural sweetness of the pineapples and ripe bananas.
How To Make Banana Zucchini Cake
- I tested this with a blend of whole wheat and white flour as well as gluten-free with Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Mix and it turned out delicious both ways.
- If you wish to keep it dairy free, simply omit the frosting, it will still be delicious!
- Refrigerate leftovers
Zucchini Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas, from 5 small
- 8 ounce zucchini, grated and squeezed well
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice, drained well
For the Frosting:
- 8 oz 1/3-less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To prepare frosting, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9x2-inch nonstick metal pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; stir well with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, oil, eggs, and vanilla; stir well. Add zucchini, banana and pineapple; mix well.
- Fold wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula until combined.
- Spoon batter into the sheet pan.
- Bake at 350F for about 45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread frosting over the cake once cooled and cut into 16 pieces.